1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + Other Software CoreElec + Hyperion NG

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by Merwenus, 27 December 2018.

1. Merwenus

Merwenus New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hello,

Bought an s912 armbox and installed CoreElec + Hyperion NG in addons. It works, but it has strange things and I'm looking for some help If it is a CoreElec problem, Kodi problem or Home Assistant.

1) RGB colors are perfect while playing a video files.
    2) But when in the menu, or playing music the Blue and Red colors are switched.
    3) I'm using Home Assistant, and added Hyperion to it, but when I press turn off, it just turn it back automatically. Is it related to Hyperion NG addon or home Asisstant ?

2. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hmm. I'm not sure.

The Hass component is build against the release version of Hyperion. I not sure of a component fully compatible for the NG version. yet. I've been looking for one as well. I think it should be easy enough to craft a compatible version. However I'm not able to as of yet.

3. Merwenus

Merwenus New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    It seems NG version is not compatible with HA, it is for the older version sadly, now we just wait a few months, maybe someone will make it happen.

The Blue-Red color switch is strange, after half year of use found an old anime which works like in the menu, blue and red color is switched.

Any suggestions where should I start the debug about this? Tried to switch RGB to BGR and with this menu is good, but the videos are switched... :)
    Is this maybe a S912 + Hyperion.NG problem with fullHD resolution at 60Hz?

4. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I'm not sure. However I think I would start fresh using This library. It looks promising.(I just need to learn to code, beyond a basic hobbyist level.)
    And maybe ask the author of the original component.

What menu? The web interface of .NG? Yup that won't work.

I don't think so. However I've not tried running on a S912 SoC.

5. Merwenus

Merwenus New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Sorry, you missunderstood me. Kodi Menu, when the playback stops in Kodi and goes back to the series list or the main menu etc.