1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + OSMC LED's flickering, grounding issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware Support' started by Jortpepe, 4 January 2019.

1. Jortpepe

Jortpepe New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hello,

I have just recently finished my Ambilight build however it seems that there is some background flickering going on. After trying to fix the issue myself, without any luck, here I am. I have video taped the issue so please take a look at this (unlisted) video:

As I am unsure what exactly could cause this issue I have included my config and save file for Hyperion, created by Hypercon. Feel free to point any misconfiguration out in my config files (also if they are not regarding the flicker issue). I am unable to upload them here so here is a WeTransfer-link: https://we.tl/t-gh0QG2JfqL.

Feel free to ask me about a specific component and I will be more than willing to send a picture/explain further.

Thanks in advance,

Jort

2. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Can you make some screenshots and upload them ? From the grabbed image

3. Jortpepe

Jortpepe New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Sure thing, sorry for the delay. I have taken two screenshots in three different settings: a videogame, a movie and just two blank colors (black and blue). Once again I can't seem to upload my screenshots (except for one), so here is another WeTransfer link: https://we.tl/t-qrShTL8hDU.

Update: I have just tried using the SSH colorpicker and the results were a bit weird. It seems like it takes the correct color I select in the colorpicker but randomly switches to a different one every now and then et cetera:

Could this be related to an issue with the wiring? Two wires perhaps shorting or something not grounded?

Last edited: 4 January 2019
  4. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    screenshot looks good... config also, looks like more to a hardware related thing, as you mentioned it, wiring, shorting etc...can you post some good detailed pictures from the wiring from the pi, from the wiring from the corners...and all solder connectiongs you made