1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finished [Updated 1/27/2018] [v2.5] Multiple Displays + Servers, 4K UHD (DirectX 11) Windows Screen Grabber

Discussion in 'Development' started by Sabaat Ahmad, 22 September 2017.

?

DirectX 11 screen capture performs better than DirectX 9?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

12.5%
  1. Rick164

Rick164 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi2, +Arduino, +AtmoOrb
    Will retry with latest version just in case, for Kodi I need to make the HSC addon a bit more configureable and will do that this weekend but current version works like this:

- Download https://github.com/RickDB/script.hyperionscreencapture/archive/master.zip
    - For manual install unpack to Kodi addon dir:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.hyperionscreencapture

Or install via Kodi addon manager.

- Make sure the addon is enabled within Kodi and that HSC has API enabled as well.
    - Service.py has the API url hardcoded at the moment to 'http://localhost:29445/API' which should work fine in all cases where they both run locally, but can update in that file if needed (config planned)
    - Make sure you have refresh rate switching enabled in Kodi settings ( => Adjust display refresh rate to match video)

- Play some 24P content and see if HSC toggles off / on correctly, can sometimes take a few tries to make it "stick" to capture

2. abrenoch

abrenoch Android Grabber Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    Hey Sabaat, I'm taking my best shot at an android grabber right now and have a quick question for you!

Assuming you are using the protobuf server to send image data to hyperion, what dimensions would you recommend for the image data? I see in your configs you have an 'image scaling factor', but I have no idea what that actually equates to. Right now I'm looking at 427x240, but I'm not sure if that is too large or not.. I'm getting some opengl errors when trying to render it smaller but I'm not sure if that is a fault of my own or not yet.

Just trying to get an idea of what you guys are currently doing!

Thanks!

3. Sabaat Ahmad

Sabaat Ahmad Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Image scaling factor just mean by how much to divide the screen resolution. So if the image scaling factor is 32 and screen resolution is 1920x1080, then the image sent to Hyperion has the size 60x33. Ideally you would want to send an image close to 60x60. That should be fine for running the ambient lights.

4. sh4dow

sh4dow New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hey Sabaat,

I have connected via HDMI an ultrawide monitor ( 2560x1080 ) to my laptop. I have it as an extended monitor setup. The index of this monitor is 1. The laptop display is 0.

The thing is that the monitor with index 1 resolution is viewed as 4480x1080 by hyperion screen capture. I think that's because of the extended monitor setup of windows because 2560 + 1920 = 4480.

upload_2018-5-16_14-14-28.png

Can it be possible for the hyperion screen capture to grab the actual resolution of the monitor rather than the extended resolution of them both ?

Thank you.

Edit: A temporary fix for this would be setting the external monitor with index 1 as the main display. This though will mess with the width of the other monitor.

5. Sabaat Ahmad

Sabaat Ahmad Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino

This seems like a bug in the code; can you please open an issue on GitHub for this. I will investigate this.

I think DX9 capture should still work fine.

6. iiidefconiii

iiidefconiii Member

Hardware:
    32/64bit, +Arduino