1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android Screen Grabber

Discussion in 'Archive' started by abrenoch, 16 February 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gogui63

gogui63 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    @StimpyMGS Have you tried to bypass DRM ? Do you have any news about magisk + root + android grabber + netflix :) I'm very intersting about this feature, I have a Nvidia Shield too

2. pho08

pho08 Member

thank you abrenoch for your work!

finally got fed up waiting for Kodi19/HDR support for my RPI i went out and got a FireTV 4k Stick. and i have to say that i am very impressed with its performance so far.

anyway, what i wanted to share is that the combination of FireTV 4k + Kodi + Hyperion Android Grabber finally enables me to playback 4k HDR/DolbyVision X265 videos WITH ambilight! :)

i cannot confirm the issue described here https://github.com/abrenoch/hyperion-android-grabber/issues/112 -- it just works for me (however, i have not tried any streaming/input stream apps, just playing videos streamed from my local emby server)

the only issue that remains are the washed out HDR colors.
    with the external grabber i was able to alleviate the problem at least a bit by upping saturation/contrast with v4l2-ctl. Would it be possible to implement something like this for the android grabber as well? Adjusting brightness/saturation/contrast threshholds?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.