1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control LED Power Supply

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sebastian, 18 December 2020.

1. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi,

I have my hyperion setup working fine so far. I power most of the setup via the USB Ports of the TV. Only the LEDs have a separate power supply which I would need to switch manually.

Does any one have a clever idea how to control the power supply with the raspberry pi? Basically I am looking for a solution to power it on when the raspberry pi powers up and cut power when the raspberry is also loosing power.

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Sebastian

2. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    get a wifi power plug, which can be flashed with tasmota, and then you can write a start and stop script wich can controll the plug

3. davieboy

davieboy Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3
    go for a 5v relay module, depending on the power supply for the led's you may need 2 channel relay to split the load if your LED's are pulling more than 10A which shouldn't be a problem tho as you will probably have at least 2 power lines going to the led strip anyway - better safe than sorry.

Simple script to set gpio pin to pull high @ reboot then when pi powers down relay looses signal and switches the lights off

Attached Files:

4. wladi

wladi Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Or by a master-slave power strip.