1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED LED's in the wrong position

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by Eric Hooker, 2 December 2019 at 21:42.

1. Eric Hooker

Eric Hooker New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here so any help is very much appreciated.

I can't seem to get my LED positions to match what is on the screen.

In Pics 2, 3 and 4 you can see that they start out pretty close in Pic1 then get farther off the color changes along the top.

Then in Pic1 the colors are pretty much a mirror of what they should be.

I have 207 LED's 39 on the left and right, 64 at the top and 65 at the bottom.

Attached Files:

2. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Assuming the led strip starts on the lower right, (looking at the front of the tv). The "1st LED offset" should be -104, or -103.

That will line up the leds with the picture.

Hope it's of help.

3. Eric Hooker

Eric Hooker New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    It thought I put it in my post but I guess I must have deleted it.

My Led's start on the upper left.

4. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    The direction of the leds? You sure that's set correct?

Can't think of anything else it could be.

5. Eric Hooker

Eric Hooker New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Thanks for your reply. Hopefully someone else may have seen something like this before. I just tested the internal frame grabber as well and it shows the same out of sync colors.

It's almost like my LED count is off but I have double checked it. The other thing I wasn't sure of is when using HyperCon it says to use the total number of LED's for the top and bottom for the horizontal LED value. If I do that then it shows I have more than the 207 LED's I actually have.

6. Eric Hooker

Eric Hooker New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    After reading other threads I realized that my LED strips are addressable in threes. Which explains the issue I am seeing.